5. Great Grand Masti : I must admit here, I asked for this trauma. Supriya begged with folded hands not to waste our time and energy by playing this movie on a Sunday evening. But no, I just wanted to prove that; “Jitna bura picture banana hai, tum banao. Main fir bhi dekhoonga”. And thus began our tultumous voyage. This movie took sex comedy a bit too far when they showed us a lusty and desperate ghost played by Urvashi Rautela who plays around with our Masti trio. The makers were so creatively handicapped and eager to show their mediocrity that they named a village where the story takes place as “Dudhwaadi” and has women who are sleazily dressed in pre-historic costumes.
Shame! Absolute Shame!
4. Fitoor : Another good director(who gave us movies like Rock On and Kai Po Che) reminded us that he was also responsible for movies like Aryan:The Unbreakable(remember the film where Sohail Khan plays a Boxer?). Trust me it took quite some courage to make up my mind to watch this “magnum opus”. Right from scene one, we have characters who are so bloody vague. Tabu is wasted as an eccentric, desperate, ailing and confused Begum who likes flirting with a young, loser-ish, pumpkin headed artist Aditya Roy Kapoor knowing that he loves her beautiful yet dumb daughter Katrina. That is how fucked up the story is! I am sure that Charles Dickens who would have killed himself if he was alive after seeing this absolute bull-shit of an adaptation.
3. Baar Baar Dekho : How is it to say that 3 film-makers namely Karan Johar, Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani come together to co-produce a movie directed by a person who assisted the director of Life of Pi. Sorry to say but the movie proved to be a top notch torture for the cine goers. We had two actors, “I Look So Dumb”-Siddharth Malhotra and “Miss Plastic”-Katrina Kaif, who had no clue of what expressions they need to show for any damn scene. Soon after its release the hashtag #EkBaarBhiMatDekho started trending on twitter.
2. Mirzya : I have to say that this MUST be the disappointment of the year. Coming from the director of Rang De Basanti and Bhaag Milka Bhaag, Mirzya tried pathetically to recreate the romance of Mirza/Sahibaan on the screen. In this movie we have a desperate couple played by Harshvardhan Kapoor and Siyami Kher trying to calm their hormones at every instance and an irritating Daler Mehendi yelling “Mirziyaaaaaaaan” whenever he gets an opportunity. No wonder people just ran away from the theatres mid way. Everything about the movie was so bad, that even though the movie was leaked on Youtube, it just had 200 views at the end of first week. Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, one more bad movie and you would be RGVs colonial cousin!
1. Tera Suroor: A Lethal Love Story: In this movie Himesh Reshammiya plays a gangster trying to do a prison break. So… that’s all folks!